- Listed: January 9, 2015 8:44 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
As you probably know if you’ve ever looked for auto insurance before, it can be difficult to know which company, and what policy to choose to fit your needs. Many companies are untrustworthy, and others charge way more than they should. In addition there are common mistakes that individual’s make that affect their premiums. Read on for tips and tricks for weeding out the good from the bad.
When trying to keep down the cost your auto insurance, try to maintain a clean credit record. For some reason, auto insurers believe that people with a better credit record are also better drivers and will suffer fewer accidents. Knowing your credit score puts you in a better position to negotiate for lower rates.
A great way for you to save money on your auto insurance is to find an all-in-one insurance carrier. If you can find a company to provide your auto insurance, homeowners’ insurance, and health insurance, you can purchase one large package and save up to 40% off of purchasing separate insurance packages.
To save money on car insurance, consider setting a higher deductible of what you would pay out of pocket, in the event of an accident. The insurance company prices policies based on what they expect to pay out if you make a claim and reducing that amount, translates to lower premiums for you.
Although it may be obvious, driving safely is key to maintaining low rates and premiums. Bad driving such as speeding can increase your rates and also lead to non-renewal of your policy. A car accident will usually increase your costs by up to 40%. Of course you should avoid bad driving regardless of your car insurance to avoid tickets and dangerous accidents.
Do the math before filing an insurance claim to see if it is worth it. Insurance companies love to raise rates on drivers who file claims, it’s the nature of the industry. If you have any type of questions regarding where and how you can use business van insurance, you could call us at our web-page. Avoid making claims that aren’t going to net you much money back. If you are filing a claim for two hundred dollars, is it really worth the extra premiums you’ll pay in the future?
Use social media to your advantage when shopping for an auto insurance policy. Check what real drivers are saying about insurance companies via websites, forums and blogs. By going the social route, you will find out the truth about an insurance company, not the hype the insurance companies themselves pay to put out.
If you have more than one vehicle, make sure all of your policies are in the same place. This make it much easier to keep track of. More importantly, you might be able to save a little money. The more policies you have with one insurance provider, the more likely you are to qualify for certain deals and discounts.
Having your VIN number etched into your window can lower your insurance premiums up to 15 percent. Sometimes the VIN number is already etched into the car’s window, but will raise the price of the car $300 to $900. You can also etch the number into the window yourself for $19.95.
Anyone shopping for a great rate on auto insurance should investigate the availability of group or affiliate discounts. Employer groups, professional associations and other organizations commonly negotiate special rates for their members, which can result in significant savings. Therefore, it pays to comparison shop with these types of potential discounts in mind.
To ensure you continue to get the best possible car insurance, it is wise to do a little comparison shopping against your current policy from time to time. Doing this about a month before your policy renews is a great strategy. This allows you to take advantage of a better offer or use it to negotiate a new rate with your current insurer.
You may well view car insurance as a necessary evil. Hopefully, though, this article has given you a few ideas on how to ameliorate the evilness of auto insurance. Since you have to purchase car insurance, why not expend the extra effort to find the most economical and effective coverage you can get?
687 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Leong Oma
- Member Since: December 15, 2014
Other items listed by Leong Oma
- Understand Van Insurance Easier Through These Tips
- Great Tips Regarding Van Insurance That Will Save You Money
- Excellent Van Insurance Advice – Read Before You Buy!
- Useful Insurance Tips For Your Auto Needs
- Know What You Need To Know About Van Insurance
Popular Ads Overall
- Crucial Guidance For Adding Juicing For Your Lifestyle (4750 views)
- Find Some Great Information About Van Insurance (4431 views)
- Equilibrium Your Exercise Routine Routines By Using These Suggestions (3733 views)
- Acne Can Be Handled – Knowledge Is Key (3695 views)
- Would Like To Improve Your Health? Stick to This Nutrition Strategy. (3627 views)
- Liquid Gold: A Long List Of The Key Benefits Of Juicing (3490 views)
- Live Without Anxiety With 8 Straightforward Tips (3317 views)
- Make an impression on Your Friends And Relatives With Fantastic Drinks (2738 views)
- Great Guidance That Can Make Your Routines More Efficient (2308 views)
- Tips For Contracting Every Final Decrease, Juicing At Its Best (2028 views)